Beginner & Intermediary level
Taught by Ani Stafford-Townsend
Over 5 days, students will:
- Learn about different hat styles and types
- Learn about different types of felt
- Learn how to work with sinemay
- Learn to wire and bind an edge professionally
- Learn to size the head fitting petersham
- Learn to assemble a crown and brim
- Learn to make a trim
Students will leave having:
- Watched demonstrations for various extra skills
- Blocked, sized, trimmed & finished 1 felt one piece hat such as a cloche or trilby.
- Blocked and trimmed 1 sinemay hat with separate crown and brim.
Classes run from 10am to 4pm 1 hour lunch (not provided). Tea, coffee and biscuits available throughout the day
Accommodation is not provided.
Weather and number permitting, the Millinery School normally also included a field trip to a local millinery block maker (subject to change).
Ani’s students have been placed in the top 3 winners of the Bridport Hat Festival since 2014, as well as other millinery competitions worldwide.